Pullet or Roo?

From Orpingtons to Ostrich. Hybrids, pure breeds or just your breeds. Watermael to waterfowl. Put all your general posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kelly14

Pullet or Roo?

Post by Kelly14 » 07 Aug 2018, 19:12

Hi, I am new here and only been a chicken Mum for a year (inherited with new house) Loving every minute and have added some ex barn hens to the original flock.

My brother in law kindly bought my partner some eggs, incubated and hatched them. We took them on at 5 weeks. They are now 13 weeks and were all supposed to be barred rocks. 2 of them are clearly not!

I need some help sexing them.... I’m thinking that the 2 barred ones are boys just because I have read that their combs & wattles grow a lot sooner than pullets?

Just tried to add some pics but it’s not working so some help on that would be good too please 😊

CP

Re: Pullet or Roo?

Post by CP » 07 Aug 2018, 23:09

Welcome to the forum Kelly14. :grin:

If you click 'post reply' instead of 'quick reply', you will see options/attachments at the bottom. Click 'attachments', then 'add files' which should then allow you to add photos from your computer. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero