Hello again

Say hi to any newcomers, or say hi to everyone and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Meghen
Chick
Chick

Hello again

Post by Meghen » 09 Aug 2018, 20:54

Hello everyone!

I used to post on this forum a few years ago, under the name of Juju, but had fallen by the wayside. I tried to log in recently but could not with my previous name and login, so have re-registered. Meghen is in fact the name of one of my most recent hens - a Sussex, naturally! :)

Are there no longer any members based in France? The Franglais section looks a bit deserted...

Juju

CP

Re: Hello again

Post by CP » 09 Aug 2018, 22:01

Hello Meghen (Juju). :grin:

Unfortunately a lot of our members have fallen by the wayside! Or maybe gone to Facebook.

There's still a few of us stalwarts around but the forum is a shadow of it's former self, which is a shame. :(

I've tried to get people posting again but it ain't easy! [-o< :-({|=
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 10 Aug 2018, 09:51

Sad that there are so few of us left - true of many forums I'm afraid. Welcome back Meghen btw.

Meghen
Chick
Chick

Post by Meghen » 12 Aug 2018, 17:35

Thanks, both!

Yes, I had noticed that it's very quiet compared to lively it used to be... Kate, I agree that forums do seem to have a natural lifespan - and I suppose too that keeping hens is not necessarily a lifelong vocation, so people stop coming onto the forum when they no longer have any.

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 12 Aug 2018, 18:56

I haven't had any for a few years now but I still drop in anyway. Daughter has lots though.

Meghen
Chick
Chick

Post by Meghen » 13 Aug 2018, 11:32

Something I can't quite grasp is why there are so many people registering to join the forum and then not posting. I've just been looking at the members list - there is something like 15 pages of new members in August alone.

CP

Post by CP » 13 Aug 2018, 11:35

Quite a few of them are spammers!

I spend a lot of time on here deleting & banning them. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

Meghen
Chick
Chick

Post by Meghen » 13 Aug 2018, 11:38

Ah, that would explain it! #-o